View Single Post
Old 10th October 2007, 08:48 PM   #14
Tomb22

Default Very Nice

Hi Ward,
I think that you could call that a, "lean mean killing machine!" What a wonderful piece of work. I wouldn't want someone chasing me down the road with that. Thank you for sharing. That is the first serrated blade that I have seen other than mine on this type of weapon. What are the dimensions? The bulge or "disc" as Jim calls it, and I bow to his expertise, on mine is 2.4 inches. I also note the ridge on your blade. I am guessing that has something to do with increasing the strength of the blade? Also, would this be from the same general area? Due to the sort of similar blade shape?
Excuse my lack of knowledge but what is the proper term for the suberb craftsman that create these blades from lumps of metal?

That is an excellent picture of the piercings. They are the same (piercings)on mine except where the koftgari designs are. Does anyone know why they did these piercings? What are their purpose or function. And Rand, I see more of what you mean by the close ups so that we all can get the "picture."

Regards
Tom
Tomb22 is offline   Reply With Quote