View Single Post
Old 25th January 2016, 07:02 PM   #10
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahratt
Ariel, the topic - the artistic creativity Vereshchagin. In particular, his paintings of India. I do not understand your post. If you want to talk about the death of Vasily Vereshchagin - was enough the first half of your first phrase.
That's interesting Dmitriy, but you know, this is the Ethnographic Arms & Armor Forum, not Art Forum. I do see one painting that you posted that clearly shows arms and armor that we can discuss. One. I am willing to bet that Vereshchagin may have painted quite a few others worthy of discussion here as he is specifically known for his paintings that depict war. Show us those and discuss ethnographic weapons. That is what we do here. We don't discuss artistic creativity of an artist for art's sake. So one might question whether or not your initial post is even on topic for this forum. If you would like to talk about Vereshchagin's work in context to this forum please show us more images of weapons, not palaces, royals on horse and elephant back and street beggars.
David is offline   Reply With Quote