View Single Post
Old 17th September 2023, 05:43 PM   #11
dakary

Thanks Ian for all the help!

The maker has gone completely silent for weeks. I was hoping to send it back for changes. Primarily for the scabbard (I wanted him to remove the rings, add a chape with a ball) and maybe make everything rounder rather than angular on the hilt though now I would also add a larger cutout area with a flatter cutout.

So now this might have to be a project for me, since I have no means to contact the maker other than facebook and whatsapp and I have been trying for weeks. Alternatively, if somebody knows a person I could send this to in order to get this all done professionally, I sure would appreciate that. I'm willing to put a bit of money in this since it wasn't that much to start with.

I do know a jeweller, and maybe she could remove the rings. Should I keep the brass throat though, or just get rid of all that? What about adding a chape?

I was thinking that maybe I should just strip the whole scabbard add a chape (but I'd need to find one...) and then re-cover it with new leather (I'm not crazy about the colour anyway).

It would be much easier to simply remove the rings, keep the brass throat, and make the cutout area bigger and flatter on the hilt.
dakary is offline   Reply With Quote