Thread: What do I have?
View Single Post
Old 31st March 2021, 01:01 AM   #8
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I can understand the bulk offering David.

I doubt that Grendolino is looking for a discussion of his items, from what he has written I'd take him as a general collector who has stumbled upon a few pretty ordinary old keris and all he wants to do is catalogue them.

What I did not understand was the lack of response. Maybe everybody who looked at the thread thought the same as I did.
Well Alan, my response was an attempt to explain the lack of response and nothing more. I will not make any assumptions about what Grendolino might be looking for in terms of feedback, but i do know that when i see a post with more than a half dozen unrelated keris all lined up looking to be categorized i tend to take a pass. Especially if no real searching questions have been asked. I think others might feel the same way. Grendolino may or may not be looking for a discussion, but discussion is what i come here for, not simply to place a bunch of keris in their appropriate boxes. I also think many of us have seen similar posts in the past that are merely attempts to gather a few name categories in order to resell keris they have recently stumbled upon. Again, i do not assume that is Grendolino's game here, just trying to explain why fellow keris collectors may have decided not to respond here.
That said i would say that #6 would really be quite a nice keris if given a bit of attention and renovation. I do not believe it is Peninsula though. My thought is more likely somewhere in Sumatra.
David is offline   Reply With Quote