Thread: What do I have?
View Single Post
Old 30th March 2021, 09:58 PM   #7
grendolino

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
I can understand the bulk offering David.

I doubt that Grendolino is looking for a discussion of his items, from what he has written I'd take him as a general collector who has stumbled upon a few pretty ordinary old keris and all he wants to do is catalogue them.

What I did not understand was the lack of response. Maybe everybody who looked at the thread thought the same as I did.

Jean, i have a few of these older Banten keris, and I've handled even more. Generally speaking these are very class keris. The detail work on this keris #1 is not in the same street, and the way in which the luk are arranged does in my opinion move this keris decidedly into second or third string. I cannot see even a whisp of Blambangan in it.

I think that if somebody pointed a gun at my head and forced me to make a choice I'd probably give it as Peninsula, but Lombok looks pretty viable too.
Sorry to say i am not able to start to discuss with the experts in the field. What I wanted was to know what those blade are, how ordynarne or complex they are and try to imagine how they would Look in their complete form not mention that it would be wonderfull to restorevthem to their previous glory
grendolino is offline   Reply With Quote