Thread: Keris Majapahit
View Single Post
Old 15th July 2006, 01:56 AM   #10
Mudi

Pagi Pak Nechesh

Mixed marriage. I never think of that. Both parents Indonesian and nice brown skin! In Indonesia is normal for sons to follow father. My KTP identity card say Muslim for me. Permisi Pak no more to public discuss about religion. In warung we drink together kopi and talk religion OK. Boss forum say this. In Bali Hindu more way of life than religion. When I say Dutch friend I only mean ask person from Netherlands about our history. They have best museums about Indonesian culture.

Pusaka not about power. Pusaka mean what in English is word heirloom. Do you have book Art of Indonesia? The title of book is Art of Indonesia Pusaka and all in book from National Museum in Jakarta. We call this museum museum gajah because of big elephants out front this museum. In Java in Kraton pusaka kraton special ceremony and procession of pusaka for all to see. In Italy mona lisa still pusaka for people from Italy but on wall in museum Paris France. In Indonesia some pusaka with power and for use in ceremony kept private. This because fear to use power in not right way. Some lontar kept locked because information is dangerous if wrong person have this knowledge. This lontar more than pusaka.

I not worry to show keris. Keris is heart of Indonesia. If we keep all our keris away and not seen by other people from world around then they not learn about us and our culture. Some primitive culture believe photo can take power away. Some people in Indonesia still believe that. I do not believe that and like to show keris. I am teacher. For me good teacher mean he is good student and love to learn new thing. He so excited with what he learn that he want to tell others about that. Teacher is not to train student. That is job of instructor. A good teacher also learn from student. I believe all men teacher in some way. Indonesia founded on idea of unity in diversity. To make unity we must share our culture with our brothers. Brothers many Indonesians think all men brothers. I hope I explain OK.
Mudi is offline   Reply With Quote