Thread: Keris Majapahit
View Single Post
Old 14th July 2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Mudi

Pak Nechesh

I do not think keris sajen is good for these keris. Sajen means offering of food or flower. Keris membela means protection keris. I like name of keris membela asli mean keris protection real. Another word from english would be amulet. That is these early keris.

You are right that keris Majapahit not correct way to call these. They were made before Majapahit. Funny that we take western words and use these words. So these keris are called now keris Majapahit. Indonesians people do not mind words that western scholar put to keris. The words that paint the keris are not so important. Any person can paint or say of keris what they want.

My believe is that keris Majapahit or keris membala asli become over time more than amulet. It become weapon. I also believe Chinese and India had something to make this happen in history. China and India long time trading in Indonesia. This is many hundred years past. This is all before VOC come to Indonesia in 1602.

No one man I know real expert di keris. My father always say to bad they can not talk. I say to father, yes. That is sad.

How long as pusaka in my family mother? I can not tell. My mother would say for all time. That would mean all her time.
Mudi is offline   Reply With Quote