View Single Post
Old 16th February 2010, 12:30 PM   #29
harimauhk

Salamat Miguel! Still waiting for the three I bought to show up by EMS, so hopefully they will. I was at Quiapo Church yesterday, so hopefully my prayers will get them here safely.

This was the first picture I took at Barangay Balisong. I took a jeepney there from Lemery after hopping in a van at Buendia LRT.

This is the second stall I visited in Barangay Balisong.

L. Rivera's stall. I really wish I'd gone back for a balicomb or two, but I hadn't had lunch and I was getting a bit dizzy. Next time I'll make sure to try some bulalo.

A small chapel right by the balisong stands.

Me and Diosdado Ona outside his stand! Unfortunately the other pics I took of his stand didn't get saved--I think I turned the ol' camera off too quickly.

An old American machete Mang Ona had at his store:

The kris dagger I bought there and the trainer balisong I got from Mang Ona. It was the last one he had, and he said he didn't want to sell it, but he knew I needed it. Got it for 210 Pesos ($4.60)

Blades out. I got the kris for 1000 Pesos. They wanted 1500 Pesos for it at Liza Villareal's store, but I made them an offer and they accepted it. It is surprisingly light. The bottom two were purchased in Manila for 400-500 Pesos each. Sorry Miguel, but AFAIK all the handle materials are horse bone. I bought one made with antler--if the other ones make it home safe, I'll put pics up of them.

harimauhk is offline   Reply With Quote