Thread: Keris to ID
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2021, 09:31 PM   #7
David
Keris forum moderator

Thanks Alan. I don't generally consider myself very astute at assessing tangguh on keris, so i certainly am willing to defer to you on this one. You are correct that i at first went with old Madura for all the Madura-is characteristics you mention. And you are also correct that the orientation of the photos as originally posted gave the impression of a more inwardly slanting gandik which was a bit misleading. Your re-positioning of the photo shows a better perspective and this is a good case to point to when discussing the importance of proper perspective and positioning of the blade when photographing keris if one is to make the best possible assessment based solely on photographs.
You are also correct that my thought about the pamor was indeed based the lines coming to concentric points at the end of the blade, which we don't generally see on standard pamor adeg. But i do agree, as stated, that better photos, or better yet, in hand, would be needed for a more definitive answer.
If indeed this is the case then i also agree that a nice planar hilt would be the way to go and the donoriko hilt could either be i nice display piece or serve a more appropriate keris in the future.
As always, thanks for your insight and keen eye.
David is offline   Reply With Quote