View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:29 PM   #36
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajen View Post
Joe, believe Gav or not, it's your choice. And for sure you can purchase treasures by epray but others also search there but to find the treasures you have to know your stuff.
I have been collecting now over twenty years and know a little bit about the area I collect but even after all the years and the little knowledge I've gathered I can get fooled.
Gav is a dealer, he knows his stuff well enough, you don't need to be skeptical.
Be happy that he told you the truth, there are other people here like Peter Decker for example, ask him by pm, I am sure that he will tell you the same.
Some others may don't join in because they are only smiling.
Sorry for my open words, it's not personal meant.

Regards,
Detlef
Thank you Detlef, I appreciate your comments. It is a place of learning and we all learn from each post.

My words and insights about this sword may have been dry but were never intended to offend, but being affronted in the manner that was forthcoming, it was clear there is not going to be any change to belief about these swords.

I've no dog in this fight, to what end... but the good news is, the "good stuff" can be left for others.

To quote a resident expert of Chinese arms, a member within these pages, "it is about as kosher as a ham sandwich" ... afterall, it was he who helped me and a client out with a better presented modern Jian many years ago... for which a full refund was received...

Two words, Shaver Cool.....

Gav