Thread: Spike Tomahawks
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2023, 05:36 PM   #19
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolab View Post
Thank you again M Eley for your very informative response.

Another one of my axes has been intriguing me...I have posted pics. This axe is clearly in the halberd form, 15 inches overall and 7 inches from blade to hook. It is nickel plated but appears forged sheet iron underneath, 1/8 inch thick. Very similar in dimensions, form and sheet metal to one on the trade axe and tomahawk collector's association website, page one.

Clearly marked Order of Red Men, June 1910. However, when I contacted the improved order of red men museum, I was told that the origin of the axe was a mystery to them and not an official order of red men piece.

I wonder if this is an older piece later used by the order of red men in 1910...

Thanks for any comments
Mgolab, we recently discussed this ceremonial axe in the Miscellaneous Forum. I doubt you will get more info on it in this thread. This axe is in no way related to the practical examples that you started this thread with. And since you have been to the actual authorities on these Red Men artifacts i doubt you find any further info on this on this thread.
http://vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28959
David is offline   Reply With Quote