View Single Post
Old 10th June 2007, 10:17 PM   #15
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDOO
THE RED CORAL LOOKS LIKE THE DYED CORAL COMING OUT OF CHINA IN MASS. FOR AN EXAMPLE OF HOW GOOD CHINESE FORGERYS CAN BE TAKE A LOOK AT EBAY ITEM 160122843989. THEY ARE MAKEING SOME VERY CONVINCING OLD AMERICAN COINS SO FAR THEY ARE LISTED AS COPYS OR REPLICAS I GUESS TO AVOID BREAKING COUNTERFIT LAWS TO BLATANTLY. I WAS LOOKING AT THE SMALL STONE CARVINGS WHEN I RAN ACROSS THE COINS.

Interesting. A Chinese seller admitting he sells copies. What is the world coming to?

When I grew up, my father's newspaper printing business was in a questionable part of downtown Atlanta. Street bums were always trying to cadge a bit of change. Usually the excuse was they needed to get something to eat or to get out of town and needed bus fare. However the local, nearby bars were where they headed.

One day a guy came up to me and said, "Buddy, I aint gonna lie to you. I need 50 cents for a cold beer." I though this was a refreshingly honest guy and gave him a dollar.

Walking smugly along I was accosted by another bum. He began, "Buddy, I ain't gonna lie to you....."
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote