View Single Post
Old 12th March 2007, 11:56 AM   #42
Pangeran Datu

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey
Gee whiz Pangeran, I wish I was as clever as you are!...
G’day Alan,
ROTFLPIMP ... Now I KNOW you’re having a lend of me!
Unfortunately, I can never lay claim to being anywhere near clever (my genes don’t have ‘clever’ on their database ).
However, I will admit to being fortunate enough to be a ‘survivor’. Any experience/knowledge/skills I may have was born of necessity, not by design.

Back to the word ‘ngoceh’: I am a lazy sort of bloke. I like to use what’s on hand first before scurrying off to look for additional tools.
Had I NOT been satisfied by the the result of my working knowledge, then, no doubt, I WOULD have been forced to study texts/dictionaries to find the origin/meaning of the word in Kawi/Sanskrit. Thankfully, that need didn’t arise in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alam Shah
I stand corrected. Thank you Pangeran Datu and Alan.
I guess, I'm like a "Jalak Ngoceh" myself (talk to much). ...
Hi Shahrial,
I wouldn’t be too concerned about it .
You’re doing a great job in this forum: I consider you a major and consistent contributor.
(BTW … did I spell your name correctly? I wondered because I have some friends with a similar name, but they spell theirs with a ‘z’: Shahrizal).

I think it’s good that sometimes we are able to have a bit of a giggle with each other, even have a slight ‘dig’ at each other, without losing one’s sense of humour .
One shouldn’t be afraid to get egg on one’s face either, as long as there’s benefit. Goodness knows how many eggs have landed on my face!

Hi Carlos,
Please accept my apologies for this digression.

Cheers!
Pangeran Datu is offline   Reply With Quote