Thread: Iron Hilt Dha
View Single Post
Old 8th September 2023, 02:44 PM   #6
Ian
Vikingsword Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyman View Post
Thanks RobT - much appreciated. Great to have more cultural context for this weapon. Interesting insight about the possible use of pipe for the hilt.

I've searched the classic threads and we don't seem to have one dedicated to dha/daab. I've searched but not yet found one with the level of detail you're able to bring - disclaimer, I haven't read all of them yet. Are there any threads anyone can recommend specifically? For example, your naming of the blade style is information I didn't previously have. If not, is anyone aware of any publications dedicated entirely to these weapons?

Thanks again.
Jerseyman, there were some old threads on the previous UBB Forum but, unfortunately, those pages are now corrupted. Mark Bowditch had an old web site, The Dha Index, which is now outdated and contains errors, but the site is loaded with dha pictures. You will find a link to that site here on the Vikingsword static pages. There is also a link here to the SE Asian swords exhibited at the Macao Museum's "History of Steel," but those pages have now been taken down by the museum.

Otherwise, not much to find online for dha/daab and very little published in English.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote