View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:17 PM   #37
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Nugent View Post
Thank you Detlef, I appreciate your comments. It is a place of learning and we all learn from each post.

My words and insights about this sword may have been dry but were never intended to offend, but being affronted in the manner that was forthcoming, it was clear there is not going to be any change to belief about these swords.

I've no dog in this fight, to what end... but the good news is, the "good stuff" can be left for others.

To quote a resident expert of Chinese arms, a member within these pages, "it is about as kosher as a ham sandwich" ... afterall, it was he who helped me and a client out with a better presented modern Jian many years ago... for which a full refund was received...

Two words, Shaver Cool.....

Gav
Hi Gav,

Nothing to thank! We both commented with good intent, I personally know next to nothing about jians but have handled some of these recently made swords and was able to see some real ones, some in person and a few with good pictures. You will have handled much more and will have had a good 'teacher'. Both we want to be helpful, but some people seems not willing to learn, I ask myself only why such people ask for??
I just don't want to waste my time anymore with a man who gets personal.

Best regards,
Detlef