View Single Post
Old 30th March 2017, 01:58 PM   #16
Lee
EAAF Staff

Red face Upgrade Issues

Such an accommodation will ultimately come with the eventual upgrade mentioned in my previous post. One question is whether to start the active forums anew as we did 11 years ago, leaving this online as an archive or whether to attempt a full migration with the update. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages. The fresh start option could be on vBulletin's hosted service that would automatically have all updates applied.

I personally dislike these now ubiquitous mobile devices for the all too common phenomenon of, when the thing chirps for attention, the person I had been conversing with face-to-face instantly drops our conversation mid sentence. Want to define 'lonely' in the 21st century? - it is being in a room where everyone else has a mobile device and you do not. I also dislike the redesign of the internet world to accommodate these devices, leaving my desktop with a broken experience. Once an early adopter, I have evolved into a techno-Luddite. Who would have thought?

I also have zero personal interest in attempting to administer a subscription / donation / advertising model. None. I have discussed with the Moderator Team in the past the prospect of creating a properly governed non-profit organization to maintain this project and to carry it forward.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote