View Single Post
Old 24th December 2005, 01:16 PM   #34
Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nechesh
The examples you display show the wear and erosion of centuries of acid baths and staining, while Jensen's examples are pristine as if recently made, having not received such treatment.
I suppose that even if this blade were collected in Northern Jawa it could still have had a Balinese origin. But i have seen Javanese blades of similar character. I wouldn't bet the farm either way.

Yes you right that to distinguishing of the Javanese keris is too difficult. So that why many people must doing hard to learn about its .... and often some of them has frauded, kept strong them firm although they has a wrong knowledge We can't say anything because the keris is also bring the convictions on each of them, aren't they ?

Usually, I used so many keris to learning its. It is a method which can make us esier to learn and distinguishing the Javanese keris. We'll know the keris which has a good workmanship (Garap), Good ironwork and pamor, also we can know about the Tangguh and Pakem (estimated made).. but still difficult, isn't it

About the Acid Bath (Warangan), it is an a part of the whole on the Keris Cultures. To give the warangan, we must do some phase from Mutih/Methak, nyelup 'till give it the keris oil. It is a very difficult activities and complicated too. We must know well about the characteristic of the iron and pamor material and when we should take away the keris from Warangan in order to get the optimal output. So that why just a few people can and wish to do it.
Attached Images

Mans is offline   Reply With Quote