View Single Post
Old 27th November 2013, 02:00 PM   #96
AhmedH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
Never knew Turks to be so teary-eyed and gullible.... Must have been hell of a love story to force them to circumvent every known museum protocol:-)
And in the period between 1997 and 1999, I read a lot about Arab and non-Arab swords in the period 550 to 900 CE very vigorously, and I became more and more convinced that I should compose a book about this topic; especially that during this time, I was able to come out with new findings; some of which were very important.

After finishing and succeeding in my pre-masters academic year in 2000, I insisted upon doing my masters dissertation about the Arab sword in 600-750 CE. I consulted my Imam, and acknowledged that it was he who inspired me with this great idea, and he approved, and he promised me that this dissertation will be a great composition, one day.

Please put in mind that -according- to higher education statute in Egypt, you must have finished a masters dissertation and discussed it and received your M.A. before becoming a PhD student. This is why I wanted my masters dissertation to be somewhat short and useful...so that I'd save my energy for my PhD. However, the circumstances that followed didn't go in my favor, and in the next posting, I'll inform you of what happened next.

But for the time being, I need some rest...so please give me several hours before I could resume my story. I know that the overture had been long, but I feel it was necessary that I'd tell the whole story...OK?!

Cheers!
Ahmed Helal Hussein
AhmedH is offline   Reply With Quote