Thread: Cambodian ???
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Robert
EAAF Staff

Thank you very much Andrew for identifying this as a Montagnard Daab and for link to the great photos and information. Using the dimensions listed on the link and the known width of the boards under my example I have been able to work out a close estimation of the length of my piece. It looks to be 72 cm in total length with a 46 cm blade and a 26 cm hilt. This is the same blade to hilt ratio as item #264 in the link you provided while the scabbard is a very close match for item 265. Unfortunately the guard on my piece seems to be missing and will have to be replaced. Do you have any suggestions as to where I might be able to find one? I have attached a few new photos of the hilt on my example but until it arrives I will not be able to really get a good idea of if has been shortened at some point in time or not. Also if you look closely at the third new photo it looks as if this might have had wire wrapping next to the collar at some time. Again my thanks to both you and Stu for your help in identifying where this is from and who it was made by.

Best,
Robert
Attached Images

Last edited by Robert Coleman; 1st March 2013 at 04:26 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote