Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   Keris Warung Kopi (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Book : Keris Mahakarya Nusantara (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13768)

HiFi 8th May 2011 12:34 PM

New Book : Keris Mahakarya Nusantara

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Maybe this is my first post on the forum, just informing about its new keris book title Keris Mahakarya Nusantara, publisher : Sekretariat Nasional Keris Indonesia, 353 pages in full color, size = 32 cm x 22.4 cm ; depth = 3.5 cm, weight = 2423 grams.
All the best for you all :-)

Marcokeris 8th May 2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFi
Hi all,
Maybe this is my first post on the forum, just informing about its new keris book title Keris Mahakarya Nusantara, publisher : Konggres Nasional Keris Indonesia, 353 pages in full color, size = 32 cm x 22.4 cm ; depth = 3.5 cm, weight = 2423 grams.
All the best for you all :-)

HiFi 8th May 2011 03:33 PM

Sorry, wrong written, the publisher is : Sekretariat Nasional Keris Indonesia, not Konggres Nasional Keris Indonesia, it is resume of Konggres Nasional I at Surakarta, April, 19-21th, 2011. Good book for compare the recent knowledge about naming of the dapur, tangguh, pamor, mendak, warangka, pendok, also including the collector who have had the article, showing from page nr. 52 to 352, so much pics.

HiFi 9th May 2011 02:52 PM

7 Attachment(s)
sample pages :

Marcokeris 9th May 2011 02:55 PM

Thanks again
I'll try to buy the book during my next trip to Java

kulbuntet 9th May 2011 09:56 PM

Cantik, terimakasih Mas HIFI,

Wasalam

semar 12th May 2011 03:41 AM

hello Marco

I think when you will come to yogya again that it wil be difficult to buy this cattaloge because its a limitit edition the book kost 450.000 rph mabey pa eko have one left

regards Semar

HiFi 12th May 2011 01:32 PM

For additional information, this book looks like "repeat" of the previously book title Keris Untuk Dunia, so if for knowledge you don't need it but useful for compare what is the recent opinion about keris.

Marcokeris 12th May 2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFi
For additional information, this book looks like "repeat" of the previously book title Keris Untuk Dunia, so if for knowledge you don't need it but useful for compare what is the recent opinion about keris.

A. G. Maisey 13th May 2011 02:02 PM

I received a copy of this book this morning and have now completed a browse of the photos and captions, and read a couple of the articles.

The format is similar to last year's KUD, but the content in this year's book demonstrates a much higher degree of professionalism.

Its a good book.

Its all about very good photos of very nice keris, rather than the provision of knowledge, but it is well and truly worth getting hold of, if you can.