Ethnographic Arms & Armour

Ethnographic Arms & Armour (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/index.php)
-   European Armoury (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Matchlock silence (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16416)

fernando 20th November 2012 11:33 AM

Matchlock silence

You all should have already noticed that Michael has been silent for quite a while.
After several atempts, i managed to have a rough idea of what is going on; the man has been hospitalized and subject to urgent surgery. This has been a delicate process, in a manner that he will be healing in hospital for the next few months.
Needless to say that, besides our deepest worries abouth his health condition, his absence from the forum is such a heavy weight loss.
Let's hope he recuperates fast and be back with us as soon as possible.
He sends his greetings to those from the forum.

Iain 20th November 2012 03:46 PM

Best wishes for him and here's to a speedy recovery! :)

Andi 20th November 2012 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Matchlock!

I wish you a good and throughout recovery and hope you will be back very soon.

Gute Besserung!

Chris Evans 20th November 2012 11:45 PM

Matchlock,

Wishing you a prompt and full recovery.

Regards
Chris

Jim McDougall 21st November 2012 02:56 AM

Michaels absence reveals clearly how instrumental he has been here in his constant and profound participation, and above all his selfless sharing of his lifes work in the study of medieval arms and armour. I join others here in missing him deeply and am anxious for his recovery and return.
We hope we can keep updates on his status here, and will make every effort to follow his always inspirational lead in keeping our discussions and entries progressive in the meantime.

Godspeed Michael, we are with you as always, recover well,

Jim

kai 21st November 2012 06:55 AM

Michael, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Fernando, thanks for your efforts and keeping us updated!

Atlantia 21st November 2012 12:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles Michael.
Hope you are back to 'firing form' very soon!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Gene

M ELEY 21st November 2012 02:54 PM

I wish to add my blessings for a sturdy recovery (I'm in healthcare, so I won't say 'speedy'). Please recuperate well, Michael. You have had a profound impact, as Jim said, on the direction of this forum. Your knowledge is a blessing to this forum (as many still research your old threads). Take care-
Mark

Norman McCormick 21st November 2012 06:13 PM

Michael, my sincerest wishes for a full and expeditious recovery. I am sure I speak for many when I say that your enviable knowledge, expertise and patient explanations are sorely missed and all the more noticeable by their absence from the Forum.
With Best Wishes,
Norman.

A Senefelder 21st November 2012 08:04 PM

I hope his recovery goes as quickly and well as modern medicine can manage. The width and breadth of his knowledge is something that became redilly apparent in his posts, I would say proffessorial in scope. A speedy return to his contributions of his great knowledge is heartilly hoped for.

Spiridonov 21st November 2012 08:05 PM

I may say that Michael is my teacher. Almost all my knowledge about early firearms is the knowledge given me by Michael. I hope it will be a full and fast recovery.
Michael, if You see these words please be strong. You are really... Really Good Man. We all need You

VANDOO 22nd November 2012 01:16 AM

BEST WISHES FOR FULL RECOVERY AND A SPEEDY RETURN TO ALL YOUR FAVORITE PURSUITS AND TO THE FORUM. :)

rickystl 22nd November 2012 08:29 PM

Michael: My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Your insight is sorely missed on this Forum. Rick.

Fernando: Thank you for the update.

junker 25th November 2012 11:36 AM

Gute Besserung und eine vollständige Genesung, damit Du und und den Deinen noch ganz lange erhalten bleibst

Dirk

Get well soon and make a full recovery, so that you and your people and still get quite long stay

Dirk

Pukka Bundook 25th November 2012 04:07 PM

Michael,

There is so much missing from this forum when you are not here.
I have learned so much from you, and want to say we miss You...not merely what you have contributed, but you as a person.

Get well soon.
Richard.

fernando 29th November 2012 05:16 PM

We have been in touch again.
Michael is deeply touched by everyone's preoccupation and has expressed his warmest feelings.

Jim McDougall 29th November 2012 07:43 PM

Thank you Nando!

bluelake 7th December 2012 11:39 PM

I don't get on here very often, so I just saw this. Have a strong recovery, Michael!

Thomas

Miqueleter 8th December 2012 03:50 AM

Return soon, please. You are unmatched!

fernando 12th December 2012 01:19 PM

Update

Unfortunately Michael's condition is still rather delicate; soon he will have to be back to surgery scenary. It is also an assumed fact that he will have to go through a long rehabilitation process, this meaning the soonnest until next May.
However he sounds good and sends his cordial greetings.

Cerjak 28th December 2012 11:43 PM

We are all waiting for Michael's next thread, I hope it will be soon and as everybody in this forum I hope that matchlock will have a full and fast recovery.
Cerjak

PClemente 29th December 2012 03:28 PM

Best wishes and prayers for a swift recovery for Michael. His knowledge and insights are an integral part of our forum and they are sorely missed.
I think I can speak for all of us when I say "Sie sind immer in meinen Gedanken und Gebeten."

Matus 7th January 2013 09:34 AM

Only the best wishes and good health to Michael and all the forum members in 2013!

Matus

Spiridonov 10th February 2013 11:44 AM

Somebody knows how is Michael now?

fernando 10th February 2013 11:53 AM

I have phoned him last week; he sounds well and stabilized.
He will have a new surgey before the end of this month, as programmed.
His recovery still is according to plan; he will only be back home by next May.
I told him his friends (forum members) often care about his situation, which he appreciates and thanks.

Atlantia 10th February 2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernando
I have phoned him last week; he sounds well and stabilized.
He will have a new surgey before the end of this month, as programmed.
His recovery still is according to plan; he will only be back home by next May.
I told him his friends (forum members) often care about his situation, which he appreciates and thanks.

Excellent news Nando, glad to hear that Michael is progressing on schedule and that we'll hopefully see him back here soon.

fernando 1st May 2013 01:55 PM

Not the best news

Things are still hard for Michael :shrug: .
Next (and hopefully last) surgery scheduled for June.
Then after some caring period, he will be transfered to a rehabilition center.
Can't say he sounds happy with the situation :( .

Spiridonov 1st May 2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernando
Things are still hard for Michael :shrug: .
Next (and hopefully last) surgery scheduled for June.
Then after some caring period, he will be transfered to a rehabilition center.
Can't say he sounds happy with the situation :( .

Thank You for this information. Please, Tell him that we all wish him fastest recovery when You will phone him at next time

fernando 1st May 2013 04:21 PM

I surely will, Alexander.

Anandalal N. 3rd May 2013 03:41 AM

Best wishes for speedy recovery

Dear Fernando,

Please do convey wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anandalal.